Andy Robinson's SpamServer COM demo

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Oct 19 06:47:30 EDT 2000

There is a good chance that the path to the spamserver example is not
on your PythonPath.

If the COM object has a "_reg_class_spec_" attribute, remove it.
Later versions of win32com allow you to omit this, in which case they
imply both the path and the module.  spameserver predates this
enhancement.

If that is not it, look up the documentation on debugging COM objects,
and see what the "trace collector" has to say...

Mark.
--
markh at activestate.com - but if you think I speak for them, you dont
know Dick!

"Dave Dench" <dave at zeus.hud.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Dear All,
> didn't see a response to this so I'll try again.
> I am running the SpamServer and it's later brother SpamServerGPO.
> The original demo works fine. The GPO ( LOCAL_SERVER ) version
> registers correctly apparently and can be seen from the COM browser,
>  but the /test fails saying
> **** - The Python.SpamServer test server is not available
>
> I have tried registering it as
> SpamSrv = win32com.client.dynamic.Dispatch("Python.SpamServerGPO")
>
> and as
> SpamSrv =
win32com.client.Dispatch("Python.SpamServerGPO",clsctx=pythoncom.CLSCT
X_LOCAL_SERVER)