JPython Status

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Sun Oct 1 16:17:29 EDT 2000

Ken Swisz wrote:
>I'll even be heretical, why not emphasize JPython
>development over Python development.  JPython is in the nearly unique
>position of being able to draw on the huge number of resources available
>for Java.

Mind you that the opposite is true as well.  CPython can draw on the
huge number of resources available for C.  I use a lot of C libraries
which don't have Java equivalents.  I also make calls out to external
programs to do work and would miss functions in the os module, likepopen and
system, which (last I checked) aren't available in JPython.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org