Python 2.0b1 is released!

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Thu Sep 7 03:26:21 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

>We have no control over CNRI's license, and neither have we any say in what
>the FSF thinks about it.

Perhaps this question has been answered in a posting I missed (if so,
I apologize).

What is are the practical implications of FSF's opinion that the CNRI 1.6
license (and hence the 2.0 license) is not compatible with the GPL?

>There is something *you* can do, though:  tell CNRI how important Python's
>GPL-compatibility is to you,

I'm trying to figure out how GPL compatibility (or lack thereof) affects the
user.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  RHAPSODY in Glue!
                                  at