reloading a C module

chris_barker at my-deja.com chris_barker at my-deja.com
Mon Sep 25 16:37:56 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I'm working on writing my first C extension module,and I have a
question:
(Python 1.5.2, Intel Linux (Redhat 6.1))

Should I be able to "reload" a C module?

I compile my module as a shared module (*.so), import it (import spam),
and it works fine. Then I make some changes, re-compile it, and reload
it ( reload(spam) ). Nothing changes. If I kill Python and restart it,
then import again it works, so the *.so file has changed.

Is this supposed to work? If not, it really should be added to the docs.

please CC: me at cbarker at jps.net, checking news from here is a pain.

thanks,
-Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/