newbie class troubles

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 14:42:36 EDT 2000

You're right -- python should model its errors reporting after C++.

'Segmentation fault (core dumped)'

While learning to write C extensions for python, I actually created a
couple of versions of python that gives this informative error message.
It falls back to the primitive python errors at times, but it's still
pretty useful for assuaging my masochistic side.  I could post the
source, if there's sufficient interest.

Seriously, there's only about ten (rough guess) of these weird error
messages to learn.  After that, it'll be much easier to track down
mistakes.

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.