What is Python?

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed Sep 20 16:57:04 EDT 2000

"George":
>Better examples might be wallet/billfold/pocketbook, or hood/bonnet, or
>boot/trunk

I always thought a wallet was for carrying paper money, credit cards,
pictures, id, etc. while a billfold was solely for carrying paper money.
My dictionary agrees with you.  Huh, and the first definition given
for "pocketbook" is "a wallet" while I thought its usage was primarily
their second definition of "handbag".

My favorite is, what's the difference between an Atlantic hurricane,
a Pacific typhoon, or an Indian Ocean cyclone?

http://www.weather.com/glossary/wx_glossary_t.html#typhoon

For vague relevance, a python is a "large, nonvenomous Old World snake
that coils around and suffocates its prey."

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org