1.6, tutorial, and floating point (was Re: varibles)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Thu Sep 21 11:28:39 EDT 2000

[posted with cc to webmaster at pythonlabs.com]

In article <cplmwlpzhr.fsf at cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com>,
Guido van Rossum  <guido at beopen.com> wrote:
>aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:
>>
>> [posted with cc to python-docs; not sure who is responsible for the
>> tutorial these day.]
>
>You have no excuse for not knowing: the front page says Fred Drake,
>editor.  And it also shows python-docs at python.org as the email address:
>
>2.0: http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/doc/tut/tut.html
>1.6: http://pythonlabs.com/pub/www.python.org/doc/1.6/tut/tut.html

Okay, I went digging through pythonlabs.com, and while it's possible to
get there, it's a lot more difficult than it is on python.org.  There
really ought to be a documentation link on the front page that points to
the current set of docs.

Nevertheless, the current docs are in fact up on python.org, and I
humbly abase myself for my laziness in not checking.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Member of the Groucho Marx Fan Club  --Aahz