Questions about multiple import's.

Steve Juranich sjuranic at condor.ee.washington.edu
Thu Sep 7 20:29:06 EDT 2000

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm building some "serious"
applications in Python, so some practical implementation issues are starting
to pop to the forefront.

I've read the docs on this, and it's still not entirely clear to me. In one
module, I've imported the re, os, and sys modules.  Now in a parent module,
I will also need som funtionality from re, sys, and os.  Does it severely
hinder performance to re-import the 3 system modules into the parent
namespace, or should I just resolve myself to getting at the functions by
tacking on an additional "name." construnction (e.g.,
child.re.string.strip())?

Thanks for the help.  Python is a wonderful language (much easier to code
than that /other/ P-language), but sometimes this namespace business gets a
little confusing to us newbies. ;)

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic at ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington             http://rcs.ee.washington.edu/ssli