Linbot

Quasimodo KILLzdramboSPAMMERS at zdnetmail.com
Sat Sep 2 02:06:55 EDT 2000

"Jim Richardson" <warlock at eskimo.com> wrote in message
news:slrn8r0qi6.1vf.warlock at gargoyle.myth...
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:41:45 -0500 (CDT),
>  marduk, in the persona of <marduk at python.net>,
>  brought forth the following words...:

> I have been forced to refrain from using the name "Linbot" from anything
> I'm associated with.  This was a result of a Cease and Desist from
> www.watchfire.com .  Their claim is that Linbot infringed upon their
> (pending) trademark on Linkbot.

+++ BEGIN RANT +++

Don't you just hate these asshole companies with more money than sense?
Everyone's out to patent everything.  With only 30,000 words in the English
language (of which the average person uses only around 3,000) we'll soon
need another language to avoid getting sued for using a trademarked word
without permission or paying the license fee!!!!!

They're trademarking Linkbot, Metabot, Macrobot.  Hell if they tm the
letters "bot" or even "robot" think of the money they could make suing, for
example, movies that feature robots without licensing the term, etc.

Where will this stupidy end?

+++ END RANT +++

Jose
San Jose, CA
(trademarks pending on the 26 letters of the modern Western alphabet -
that'll teach 'em)