Script To automate ftp uploading

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 12 11:39:54 EDT 2000

Moshe Eshel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need some help to create a script that will connect to a remote server and
> upload all the files in a certain directory.
>
> I know how to do the basic stuff like the connect and upload issues,
> what I really need help with are all the special cases... How to deal with
> Errors on the remote server, how to know when file upload has finished
> and do a size check to determine if the file made it to the other side...
> And if failed to retry... etc...
>
> Any help would be appriciated...
>
> Any examples in any shell language Perl or Tcl would be greatly
> appriciated...
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Moshe Eshel
> moshe at u4all.com

Moshe:

Your distribution may include a utility called "ftpmirror.py" which makes
use of the standard ftplib functions to do exactly what you want.  In my
Windows 98 installation it lives at %PythonRoot%\Tools\Scripts.

Hope this helps.

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/