question about Distutils

Jerome Alet alet at
Thu Sep 28 15:32:44 CEST 2000

I've just downloaded Distutils and its documentation, and used it on a
python module I've written to see how it works. It's Very Nice and Easy

However I have a question:

It only seems to be designed for modules or packages (libraries), not
for python scripts we want to be installed in /usr/local/bin (for
example) like complete software. Am I wrong ?

The documentation doesn't give any hint (to me) on how to do that

thanks for any answer.

Jerome ALET - alet at -
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE