Beginner question

Jeff cnsg at my-deja.com
Tue Sep 19 10:12:44 EDT 2000

Hello, I am currently working in sales and marketing for the below
mentioned company, and our senior project manager thought it would be a
good idea for me to learn some programming in order to better
understand computer software and operating systems, etc.  I learned
some of a student programming language years ago, but when it comes to
more professional packages, I don't know what their file names mean
even on what to download.  The senior project manager here has been
reading good things about python and stated I should download that on a
windows platform.  Further, I use a dial up modem at home, and a 21 meg
file is a bit much for me.  Can anyone give me a bit of a background on
what I need to download and what tutorials are available to me on the
web?  Also, should I use cpython or jpython?  Any replies would be
appreciated.

--
http://www.cnsgsolutions.com
Complete Business Solutions