Python and fast display

Guy Reza guyrez at easynet.fr
Thu Sep 7 07:57:15 EDT 2000

I have the following need :

* I am monitoring data on a RS 232 line on a PC (10-15 short blocks of data
/ second, basically X-Y coordinates)

* I need to display data on the PC screen the coordinates in such a way that
the user has the impression of smooth movement

Python and its extensions are fine for all that except (at least as far as I
know) for the smooth display, which would need something like double
buffering (for example as it is implemented in Direct X).

Does anyone have an idea in order to have a smooth display with Python ?

Thanks in advance for all the information.

Guy

PS : The volume of data to be displayed is not so high  : a cursor moving
smoothly according to data sent over the RS 232 line over a fixed drawing or
image would be enough.

The point is that the display shoulb be smooth, like the cursor of a mouse
for example.