newbie books

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Sat Sep 16 21:40:43 CEST 2000

In article <blv6ss8p6jcoo1e6embap4v9kf3v53c10k at>,
David Arthurs  <darthurs at> wrote:
>I have no experience in programming.  I'm looking to learn python.
>Can anyone recommend some good books for a beginner?

Currently, the only book available for non-programmers is the SAMS book
_Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours_ (that is, 24 one-hour lessons, not
one day) by Ivan van Laningham.

Disclaimer: I was the technical editor for that book.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.  --Aahz