Wholly unnecessary flame. (was Re: pyXML!)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Sep 26 01:37:52 EDT 2000

David wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2000 23:16:12 +0200, Martin von Loewis
> <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >root at 127.0.0.1 (David) writes:
> >> Is there any reason the XML sig has chosen to make it so f****g difficult
> >> to install the XML package?
> >
> >What did you try to do, and what exactly was difficult?
>
> I tried to ... [lots of ranting removed]
>
> It's not that I'm unappreciative of XML-SIG.  It's that the efforts seem
> less than complete or honest.  On the front page of the XML-SIG page, you
> should have writ large: "Windows Users Bugger Off!"

def flame():
    '''
I know I ought to wait before posting a flame, but I can't stand it any
more.

"David", take a hike!  Or at least learn a little kind-heartedness and
stop insulting a large group of people, many of whom are volunteering
their time.  If you investigated seriously instead of, what did you call
it, merely "poking around", you would know that this area of Python
support is a work in progress, with changes ongoing and many people
working very hard to deliver an improved product ASAP.

Meanwhile, you whine from your anonymous account about your inability to
use what many (even other Windows "bumpkins" like I) have successfully
used, while blaming it on everybody but yourself.

And, come on: "the efforts seem less than complete or honest"?!
Gggggrrrrrr..... >:-(  Nothing motivates people to help you more than an
attack on their integrity.  Way to go, brainiac.

Tim, Martin, others involved, don't let this sort of thing get you
down.  While the rest of us may be a little impatient, we're also very
appreciative, especially those of us who realize from looking at our own
extreme shortage of time how difficult it is to work on projects like
this out in plain view and with a deadline.  Thank you!
'''
   print 'Now go away or I will taunt you another time!'