What is Python?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Sep 19 04:05:59 EDT 2000

Tim Hammerquist <tim at degree.ath.cx> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm just not getting all this.  I have no intention of quitting Perl.  I
> enjoy Perl.  I enjoy Python.  This isn't a matter of religion, when you
> can be Mormon when you want multiple wives, but Catholic when you want
> some coffee.  Languages are tools.  Perl is a brilliant tool.  Python is
> a brilliant tool.  Each have their strengths.

Anyway, I sorry I inadvertently started this part of the thread; I wasn't
telling you to quit Perl. I was just being annoying and noting my observation
that quite a few people did slowly drop out of Perl after discovering
Python. But that something *does* happen doesn't mean it *should* happen.
Perl has its strengths and it is an interesting language.

Regards,

Martijn