"CPAN" SIG?

Tom Loredo loredo at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu
Thu Sep 28 15:43:23 EDT 2000

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> Tom Loredo <loredo at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu> wrote:

> > The collective efforts of Python programmers are too vital a
> > component of the case for Python to be subject to this kind
> > of single-point failure.  We need something broader and more
> > stable.
>
> This, of course, is a different issue.  Have you contacted Tim about
> doing some mirroring?  As long as you can install PostgreSQL and PyGreSQL
> you should be able to run the same code.  You may even be able to help
> debug the current problems.

Unfortunately, due to security problems, only a single machine in our
network can be used as a web server, and only the sysadmin (who is not
a Python user) has this level of access.  We mere users are only allowed
to post HTML and simple CGIs.  We don't even have a public ftp area!
A bit paranoid, but unfortunately I don't make the rules....

-Tom Loredo