Why is Tkinter for Windows NT much faster?

Eric Lee Green eric at estinc.com
Thu Sep 7 00:48:41 CEST 2000

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> > application under Windows NT is about 5-10 times faster than running it under
> > AIX. This is a problem for me, since the application needs to run on both OS
> > at the same speed more or less.
> So insert delays in the NT version until they run at the same speed
> ;-/

Or upgrade your TCL/TK on AIX. TCL/TK 8.0 and above are approximately 5 to 10
times faster than the older TCL 4/TK 7  was. We found that out the hard way
(our GUI for BRU is written in TCL/TK).

We now provide pre-built TCL/TK on our distribution CD-ROM's for all popular
Unix operating systems supported by XBRU (the GUI for BRU), and XBRU will
complain and not run if you don't have a modern TCL/TK on your system. That
was the only way we found of making the speed difference go away.

Eric Lee Green                         eric at estinc.com
Software Engineer                      "The BRU Guys"
Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.   http://www.estinc.com/
(602) 470-1115 voice                   (602) 470-1116 fax