Python advocacy for device testing?

John Q. Public at home.com
Tue Sep 26 22:53:10 EDT 2000

The company for which I work uses python for performing automating out
qualification testing of avionics systems (for both the FAA and others).
We have found it to be very easy for non-programmers to learn and extend
for interfacing with our hardware and test equipment.  The object
orientation also makes it easy to perform a series of tests over a group of
systems (wither hardware or software):

for Device in List_Of_Devices:
    Results = Do_The_Test (Device)

We can also journal the output of the tests and verify that they were
properly executed (for verifying regression tests as well as for proof of
the test).

Jonathan Polley