New to Python, Tkinter - Question about Pmw

djberg96 at my-deja.com djberg96 at my-deja.com
Tue Sep 12 08:04:35 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I'm a Perl/Perl-Tk developer who recently has been getting irritated
with Perl and Tk in general so I ordered a couple of books on Python
and Tkinter to begin my process of "conversion".

I've been thinking about scrapping the current project I'm working on
(while it's still young) and re-doing it in Python (which shouldn't be
that difficult to re-write, actually).  However, there is one widget I
must have or it's no-go: a record displayer.  The GUI I'm working on
interfaces with a large database and it must be able to display, and
have methods for dealing with, records.

Does one exist or is anyone working on one?  I didn't see one on the
Pmw home page, but I didn't want to start putting one together if one
was already in the works.  If not, I think I have a good idea on how to
approach it.

Also, is there a separate Tkinter newsgroup that I'm unaware of?  A
search of usenet revealed nothing.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards,

DJB