snack

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Fri Sep 1 16:02:23 EDT 2000

In article <39B0068A.7A0464DE at younghome.com>, Darren Young wrote:

>The graphics thingy, didn't even know it was an interface to newt.

Graphics?

Doesn't sound like the "snack" module I've used -- it's just a
wrapper for RedHat's "newt" library that impliments a text-mode
widget set on top of the slang library.  (Snack is probably
most familiar as the text-mode UI in the RedHat installer.)

If _that's_ the snack for which you want examples, there are
two fairly good examples called "peanuts.py" and "popcorn.py"
in the newt source distribution.  I don't know if it's still
the latest version, but you can get 0.50 at

     ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/newt-0.50.tar.gz

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. bleakness....
                                  at               desolation.... plastic