Failed wxpython

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Sep 29 14:36:48 EDT 2000

Tim Hochberg <tim.hochberg at ieee.org> writes:

> fpm at u.washington.edu (Frank Miles) writes:
>
> There are two problems that I know of that plague wxPython on Windows
> 95. One is a lack of Winsock 2.0, the other is an out of data
> msvcrt.dll. Try searching the wxpython archives for winsock and/or
> msvcrt for more info.

The wxPython home page has a pointer to the WinSock 2.0 upgrade for
Win95 from Microsoft - it's:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/bin/W95ws2setup.exe

and yes, I believe on one of our users's machines here it could cause
a crash without any normal indication of a missing DLL or anything.

--
-- David