A very, very newbie question :)

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Sep 6 06:59:51 EDT 2000

nemir.remove at hotmail.spamenot.com (nemir) wrote:

> As a complete coder newbie who used to use notpad for html edits,

Aack!

I used to use UED for that, but then I switched to psgml.

> I can recommend pythonwin.  I downloaded it a week or so ago,
> and it has been very helpful.

Does it...

have syntax highlighting?

have automatic indentation?

allow the user to bind an arbitrary number of user-defined
macros to any arbitrary keystrokes?

have both fixed-string and regular-expression functionality
for searching and replacing?

call the Python interpreter on the script in the current window?

trap Python's output (especially error messages) and display
it in another window?

Not that I'm switching anyway, after I invested weeks
learning elisp, but I'm curious.

- jonadab