How to write a COM object into a file ? - this must be simple..when you know how

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Wed Sep 6 22:15:02 EDT 2000

Hello

Using 'Bukoo Flash Object' from http://www.geocities.com/yiyisun/bukoo/

"""
Bukoo is a package which contains 3 Windows COM Objects to create Flash
movie. It is based on Macromedia Flash SDK. The VC++ classes in the SDK is
wrapped with COM objects. One can use these objects in Delphi, VB, ASP or
any other programming environment that supports Automation Objects to create
Flash movie without Flash yet most importantly by your program dynamically.
"""

I have succesfully adapted the ASP[VBScript] example to python now all the
way wihtou bugs, excpet the fainal part where I need to save my Python
object into a .swf file so I can play it the Flash player.

I have now a Bukoo 'Movie' object which is ready save to a file.
My object is called 'bukmovie'  which  returns
<COMObject swfobjs.swfMovie>

In my case, right now I just want to write the file out to local file system

When I try 'pickle.dump' I get
pickle.PicklingError: can't pickle 'PyIDispatch' objects

How do I do this please?

The ASP sample code says:

# write the movie to the browser
#    response.contentType = "application/x-shockwave-flash"
#    response.buffer = false
#    response.binarywrite bukmovie.Content
#
#    ' delete the temp file on the server
#    movie.DeleteTempFile

system = Win98se, Python 1.5.2 PythonWin
--
Thanks
- Jason