Too late to propose modules for inclusion in 2.0?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 25 16:23:47 EDT 2000

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Hamish Lawson]
> > Is it too late to propose the inclusion of established third-party
> > modules in Python 2.0's standard library?
>
> Yes:  we were in feature freeze the day 2.0b1 went out the door.
>
> > I have in mind ...
>
> Doesn't matter; the freeze is real; bring it up again for 2.1; best way is
> to add a Feature Request now via the bug manager on SourceForge; somebody
> will immediately mark it Later and add it to PEP 42.
>
> from-no-rules-to-all-rules-in-the-blink-of-an-eye<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

Nice to see a project where "beta" means "we think this is almost ready
and we need to know what bugs to pull out while we're completing the
documentation" rather than (say) "Well, we've had these really cool ideas
and we'd like one or two hundred thousand people to try some really early
code and tell us where they'd pay us money to go with it".

Not-that-I-imagine-you-wouldn't-take-money-ly yr's - Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/