Anti-virus software (was Re: Win98 2.0b: crash on Help)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun Sep 10 10:46:51 EDT 2000

In article <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCGEDEHFAA.tim_one at email.msn.com>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>Gotta say:  after 6 years of running anti-virus programs on Windows, they
>never once found a virus, but *several* times caused virus-like symptoms
>that were a real PITA to track down!  Counterproductive.

At my previous employer, we got several e-mail viruses.  I was never hit
by any of them because I take paranoid precautions; don't know how many
viruses got prevented since they installed AV software.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.  --Aahz