Problems with Piddle plotting package, Help.

Louis M. Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Sun Sep 17 16:16:48 EDT 2000

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the plotting package Piddle?  Almost
got Piddle to work on my Macintosh G3 running system 8.6, but have some
problems.

After putting the QDRotate.ppc.slb in the Mac:Tools:Plugins folder and
setting some paths I can get Piddle to run piddletest.  Tk seems to
work (at least at first glance), but the QuickDraw backend of Piddle
only runs in the IDE, so the docs say.  However, when I try to run the
piddletest in the IDE, nothing happens.  Cmd-R or clicking on Run
button does nothing.  Anyone know more about this plotting package?  It
really looks nice, but Joe Strout who headed the team that developed
it, bowed out.  Is Piddle supported anymore?  If so, by whom?  Thanks
for any pointers.

-- Cheers,
-- Lou Pecora

P.S. I am posting this on the MacPython SIG, too.  Sorry if you're
seeing it twice.