deltree function

gangli at msn.com gangli at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 10:20:01 EDT 2000

In article <39c750f8.9501426 at news.bright.net>,
  jonadab at bright.net (Jonadab the Unsightly One) wrote:
> gangli at msn.com wrote:
>
> > why not use a python function that works everywhere
>
> Maybe because your code is over twenty lines, and
> shelling out to deltree is a line or two -- and
> the original poster made it clear that he was on
> a Windoze system and that it doesn't need to
> work everywhere.
>
> (OTOH, after I wrote this I saw the code Bjorn
> Petterson posted, which is short enough to be a
> good substitute for shelling out, even in a
> single-OS situation where portability is a
> non-issue.)
>
> - jonadab

1. The lines of code rmtree in shutil.py is more than
   twenty lines too. (Though it looks better than mine)

2. The code I posted was a modified version that only works
   on Windoze system. The Windoze version is very fast on large
   directory tree. It uses FindFiles from win32api.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.