Cardinal number output

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at
Fri Sep 8 05:36:37 CEST 2000

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:13:30 -0700, Greg Fortune
<gfortune at> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

> Anyone know of a module or utility function to accept an int and convert
> it to the cardinal number representation?  For example, is there
> anything that will convert ints to a format suitable to printing on a
> check?

	Granted it has been some 20+ years since my school days... but
isn't the definition of a "cardinal" number merely 1..infinity? (and
natural 0..infinity -- or do I have those two swapped?).

	Oh, wait... you mean the "word" equivalent (1234 -> one thousand
two hundred thirty four and 0/100), don't you...

	No help for the latter...