Python for Win32 Extensions for 1.6 and 2.0b1

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 06:59:46 EDT 2000

In article <QcAu5.1628$tj4.18927 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Mark
Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> writes
>"Robin Becker" <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:rICr1IAH5Mu5EwJm at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk...
>> In article <NYvihLAyfMu5EwNc at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>, Robin Becker
>
>Re the couple of problems with win32all-134 for Python 2.0b1
>
>There are 2 minor problems.  From my starship page:
>
>* win32pipe.popen sometimes gives a "no valid thread state" error,
>then terminates the program.  Note that Python 2.0 has full support
>for os.popen() etc on windows - so consider this incentive to
>beta-test this new support :-).  Or, you can fix this by replacing
>your existing Python20\win32\win32pipe.pyd file with
>[linked]win32pipe-134.pyd
>
>* On Windows 95, attempting to use Pythonwin may fail with a cryptic
>message about win32ui.pyd.  Windows 98/NT/2000 appear to work fine.
>If this happens, replace your existing Python20\Pythonwin\win32ui.pyd
>with the one in [linked]win32ui-134.zip

OK I find on win98se that you're right user32.dll has the ToUnicodeEx
etc so that's ok. However, the win32pipe-134.pyd which I downloaded came
down badly using Netscape.
Fortunately the result of
urllib.urlretrieve('http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/downloads/w
in32pipe-134.pyd','c:\\tmp\\win32pipe-134.pyd')
seems ok.

When I now run \python20\python testall.py I only get an abnormal
termination from cscript.exe is that expected?
--
Robin Becker