Not Python but may be what you're looking for

Robert Yodlowski robert.yodlowski at intel.com
Tue Sep 5 11:09:07 EDT 2000

> Is there any work in Python out there for organizing, annotating, and
> bookmarking...(searching would also be nice) one's own personal
> collection of web pages?

This isn't in Python but it sounds like something you might find useful.

READ A BOOK ON YOUR LAPTOP OR PC

Now you can download free* Microsoft Reader software and read eBooks on your
PC or laptop with excellent text clarity. Additional features allow you to
highlight, bookmark, make notes, and look up words in a built-in dictionary.
http://www.microsoft.com/insider/mi/pfreader.htm

I've tried it and it work well. It has multi-colored highlighting,
annotation with both text and drawings and an on-line, automatic lookup
dictionary.

> I use a lot of plain text literature files out of project gutenberg >

Last week, I downloaded the plain text version of "The Voyage of the Beagle"
by Darwin from gutenburg and used the MS Word to MS Reader converter that
Microsoft makes available to convert it to Reader format with good results.
Another, demo version converter (also to Reader .lit format) is also
available as well.

...Bob