Python for Win32 Extensions for 1.6 and 2.0b1

Robin Becker robin at
Fri Sep 8 13:05:22 CEST 2000

In article <3n_t5.33829$Xg.235495 at>, Mark
Hammond <MarkH at> writes
>Hi all,
>    There is a new release of the win32all package for Python 1.6
>final, and 2.0b1.
>However, these are no longer being released from the usual place.  I
>am able to use the resources of my employer to move new releases to
>At this site you will find information about the new release,
>including win32all-133.exe for Python 1.6, and win32all-134.exe for
>Python 2.0.  (actually, 134 is not linked yet - it is at
>My starship page at has been
>updated to reflect this change.
>Please let me know of any problems..
Win95 OSR2:
I get this running 134 with 2.0b1; I had to make one slight change to
get win32ui.pyd to behave OK (ie I compiled without the reference to
ToUnicodeEx), but I don't think that's the problem here. I reckon it
must be a late change in the thread module which I saw stuffed in a few
days ago!

The Exchange Server tests can not be run...
testStreams test generated 9 lines of output
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

abnormal program termination

Robin Becker