md5.digest() -> readable form, like sha.hexdigest()

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Sep 22 07:24:19 EDT 2000

[Thomas Weholt]
> Ok, the subject says it all, but just in case:
>
> I need to store the output of the md5.digest()-method in a more human
> readable format, like the output from sha.hexdigest().
> How ??

A search thru DejaNews should turn up many workable approaches (this is
almost a FAQ!).

In Python 2.0, md5 objects have a hexdigest method too, and 2.0 binascii has
new general-purpose C-speed functions for converting between 8-bit strings
and strings (with an even number) of hex digits.

somehow-the-libraries-never-get-smaller-ly y'rs  - tim