Wholly unnecessary flame. (was Re: pyXML!)

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm at normik.dk
Tue Sep 26 03:24:08 EDT 2000

From: Tim Peters [mailto:tim_one at email.msn.com]

>We Windows weenies are *all* major leeches off Mark Hammond's tireless
>multi-year Python Windows work, and he had no luck *begging* for help much
>of that time.

Ah ... but maybe that's because we are naturally spoiled brats to begin
with. We have been basking in the mighty glory of Visual Basic, and had
never had to use a c compiler to get our work done.

I know my way around c, but not really. I could not make a nice effort in it
if my life depended on it. And to help Mark Hammond with his Windows work,
there would probably be to many little c modules for my own good.

VC does not come installed on every windows machine you know.

wants-to-write-nice-python-stuff-to-get-work-done-but-will-try-to-help-where
-he-can-ly y'rs - Max M