httplib does not use "hosts" file (Windows)

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Sep 12 01:18:25 EDT 2000

"Gilles Lenfant" <glenfant at nospam-e-pack.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it a bug or a feature of httplib
>
>I'm running Python 1.5.2 on Windows
>There is an Apache/Linux intranet server in my LAN which IP addr/name is in
>"\winnt\system32\services\hosts" file (as usual when mixing Linux and
>Windows in a LAN).

This is not an all "usual" when mixing Linux and Windows.  We have an NT
server doing DHCP and our internal DNS serving, because of the WINS
support, and it's just a matter of reserving a few IP addresses in DHCP for
the Linux boxes and adding some DNS records.  You shouldn't have to use a
hosts file for this.

By the way, isn't the path \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.