How do I run an external system command on Windows?

noahspurrier at my-deja.com noahspurrier at my-deja.com
Mon Sep 18 11:41:04 EDT 2000

Does Python have something similar to Perl's "system" command or the ``
(backtick operator)? This would preferably be something cross-platform.
I need this to work on Windows NT Win2K) and UNIX (OpenBSD).

Both the 'commands' module and 'popen2' module are available only
for UNIX.

What gives? Even Java has a system call (java.lang.Runtime.exec()).
Of course, I'm not advocating Perl's `` backtick operator. Oh no!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Noah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.