Python questions from C/Perl/Java programmer

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 09:59:01 EDT 2000

"Dan Schmidt" <dfan at harmonixmusic.com> wrote in message
news:wkaedjov5g.fsf at turangalila.harmonixmusic.com...
> jonadab at bright.net (Jonadab the Unsightly One) writes:
>
> | I concur.  I *like* Perl, but I don't like its OO model.
>
> Then you may have difficulties with Python's OO model, as it was the
> main inspiration for Perl's OO model.  Or is it just the syntax you
> don't like?

Having wrestled with Perl's OO for a long while before
discovering Python, I find it hard to credit this 'inspiration'
thing, though this is not the first time I've heard it mentioned,
so I guess it must be a paraphrase from Larry Wall, or something.

It _feels_ very different (and worse...), is all I can say...

Alex