Python 2.0b1 is released!

Karl Ulbrich caribou2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 17:15:48 EDT 2000

Quoting Tim Peters (tim_one at email.msn.com):

> > Actually I did send mail that I wanted to sign the open letter to
> > CNRI, which was crafted here, but I must have missed the result
> > of it. :-/
>
> Peter Schneider-Kamp reported that he didn't get a reply.  So much for
> petitions <0.3 wink>.  It was also remarkable how few people signed it!

I suspect there were many (like me) who did not want to sign a non-final
draft, since I like to know what I'm committing myself to.  By the time
a "final" draft was posted, it was also already mailed to CNRI.

Tactics, again.  Oh well, I happen to agree that petitions, especially
Usenet petitions, don't carry much weight.  :(

Karl