Is Python worth learning?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Sep 4 13:56:12 EDT 2000

[Grant Edwards]

> A new language is _always_ worth learning.  Even if you never use it
> for real.  Learning a new language will often reveal new things about
> languages you already know.

Let's be honest, here! :-)

Learning a new language may take some non-negligible time, especially if
you want to learn it well.  The new revealed things should be at least
worth all that time.  This is not necessarily granted for all languages.

I learned many languages in my programming life, and I think that I would
not be much different, today, if I skipped some of them! :-)