What's the heck "Beopen python" ?

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Wed Sep 6 02:31:16 EDT 2000

*@spam.ruud.org at SMTP@python.org on 05/09/2000 19:30:49
Please respond to *@spam.ruud.org at SMTP
Sent by:	python-list-admin at python.org
To:	python-list at python.org@SMTP
cc:
Subject:	Re: What's the heck "Beopen python" ?
Classification:	Restricted
thor at localhost.localdomain (Manuel Gutierrez Algaba) writes:

> http://www.pythonlabs.com/logos.html

These logos all seem to have snakes in them.  However, from
<URL:http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#1.2>:

  Apart from being a computer scientist, I'm also a fan of "Monty
  Python's Flying Circus" (a BBC comedy series from the seventies, in
  the -- unlikely -- case you didn't know). It occurred to me one day
  that I needed a name that was short, unique, and slightly
  mysterious. And I happened to be reading some scripts from the series
  at the time... So then I decided to call my language Python. But
  Python is not a joke. And don't you associate it with dangerous
  reptiles either! (If you need an icon, use an image of the 16-ton
  weight from the TV series or of a can of SPAM :-)

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | *@spam.ruud.org | http://ruud.org