application serving? (zope/corba/mod_python/webware/cgi)

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Fri Sep 29 13:11:14 EDT 2000

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 12:53:29AM +0800, Nick Bower wrote:
> my very basic understanding is that mod_python/webware are server-side
> incude type things (all fine there), but then someone told me that
> embedding a persistent interpretter like this is a fairly fickle way of
> operating, and a full corba implementation is more robust.

I like the combination of Quixote and FastCGI:

    http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/python/quixote/
    http://www.fastcgi.com/

I think Zope works similarly.  BTW, did "someone" tell you why
embedding an interpreter was fickle and Corba would be better?  I
hope your not just blindly accepting that statement as a fact.

  Neil