Is this true regarding Python's limitation?

Cameron Laird claird at
Thu Sep 21 19:41:07 CEST 2000

In article <8qdfcn$71b$1 at>, vbMark  <vbmark at> wrote:
>Someone told me that the reason Java is better than Python for server-
>side CGI is because where Java uses one process and creates threads for
>each user's access, Python creates sperate processes for each user's
>CGI access.  So using Python would greatly limit and perhaps crash a
>Is this true?
Urban legend.  There are a few isolated words in your description
that correspond in a barely recognizable way to truth.  Do NOT
shun Python for CGI because it "would ... perhaps crash a server"
(and certainly not in comparison with Java).

There are people, or, more precisely, situations, for which Java
is better suited than Python in server-side Web processing.  Maybe
you're in one of those situations.  However, Python does NOT have
a general disability such as you describe here.

Cameron Laird <claird at>