Newbie at pythonwincom, please kick me in the right direction..

Andrew Markebo andrew.markebo at telelogic.com
Fri Sep 29 16:51:45 EDT 2000

I stumbled over the "Win32 Oddisey", describing how to use
internetexplorer com-control to download pages.. Perrfect!!!

Now there are only one question..

Any good 'Win32 COM for pythin programmers' book out there??

Meanwhile.. basically what I do is:

from win32com.client import Dispatch
ie=Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Visible=1
ie.Navigate("http://www.yesbox.net/?username=flognat&pwd=yeszap&domainid=1")
doc=ie.Document

So.. how do I know when the document is finished?? There seems to be a
callback or something in the InternetExplorer.Application, to signal
when done, but how do I use it..

Or.. ahh well... might just drop back to my own hacked
pagefetchers.. but they feel a bit.. messy after adding proxy, cookies
and https-support :-)

        /Andy