You can never go down the drain...

Kragen Sitaker kragen at
Wed Sep 27 05:55:54 CEST 2000

In article <uv6A5.864$jk1.56271 at>,
Fredrik Lundh <effbot at> wrote:
>> (But someday everyone else won't think regexps are somehow Standard,
>> canonical, or scientific ;-)
>imho, regular expressions suck.

Regular expressions are among my most valued tools, along with goto,
eval, multiple inheritance, preemptive multithreading, floating point,
run-time type identification, a big knife, a bottle of bleach, and
120VAC electricity.  All of these things suck sometimes.
<kragen at>       Kragen Sitaker     <>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]