MP3 jukebox for RH62 Linux

Mike F Miller mikem at
Thu Sep 7 22:47:01 CEST 2000

Will Ware wrote:
> #!/usr/bin/python
> """MP3 Jukebox, runs on Red Hat 6.2 systems"""

Thanks, I was thinking of doing something like this, but just hadn't
bothered doing it yet. I might suggest a slight change from:

if pid == eval(x[0]) and x[2] == 'S':
if pid == eval(x[0]) and x[2] != 'Z':

Since the child may or may not be considered 'sleeping' by the os
at the time the `ps` command is called (could be 'R'unning), but
you do want to ignore the zombie processes.

Anybody want to post the solution to properly releasing the mpg123
processes so they don't constantly go Zombie? I realize that you
could `kill` them, but I'm thinking there ought to be a more elegant

 - Mike Miller  "Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs."
   mikem at     0x2A