What is Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Sep 21 02:19:40 EDT 2000

Darren New wrote:

> Kind of funky how BASIC started out with type-symbols (A$ is a string,
> etc),
> gained more in MS's version (A% is an int, A! is a float, if I
> remember),
> and then dropped all that for some reason.

All the BASICs I used (over ten years ago, mind you) involved suffixes
on numeric variables to change the precision.  You could always still
write LET A = 3 without worrying about them.  (The $ suffix was required
for strings, of course.)

/  \ Whoever contends with the great sheds his own blood.
\__/ Sa'di
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.