Web Development

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Sep 24 17:14:38 EDT 2000

Charles Medcoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm fairly new to both but I trying to get started with web development
> using Python.  A web server with CGI capabilities is what I'm shooting
> for as a first step.  Unfortunately I'm working on Windows NT so
> CGIHTTPServer doesn't help me any.  I'd appreciate any advice,
> references to papers, books, URL’s, etc. that might help me get
> started.  (I already have an order in for "Internet Programming with
> Python" on Amazon. I know that it is out of print, but hopefully they
> can find me a copy).
>
> I've just read Richard Jones paper from the HOWTO's on Bobo and
> Medusa.  I've downloaded Medusa but cannot seem to find Bobo.  Does
> this still exist and if so how do I get it?
>
> The link for bobo_handler.py is also not working.  Is this still
> available?
>
> Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck
>
> --
> Charles Medcoff
> Senior Systems Engineer
> Pyramid Solutions
> 1850 Research Drive, Suite 300
> Troy, MI 48083
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
Charles:

Why do you say this won't work on Windows NT?

It shouldn't be difficult to subclass CGIHTTPServer to run Python scripts
when requests for them are received.  I seem to remember running it on both
W98 and NT platforms without undue trouble, so surely the only problem is
ensuring your Python scripts actually get run in a Python environment.

What am I missing?

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/