Newbie

Calvelo Daniel dcalvelo at pharion.univ-lille2.fr
Thu Sep 7 05:46:25 EDT 2000

Brendhan Horne <brendhan at bellsouth.net> wrote:
: I am really new to this. I have never worked with any computer language
: before. I have downloaded Python 1.6 for Windows. I have downloaded the
: tutorial which for me is a bit dry and a tad difficult to understand. So as
: I go to unzip this what should I expect?  What are some good beginning
: exercises to start with on this? Please understand that I have not written
: anything in a computer language before and have no idea what kind of
: prompts are with this, hell I wouldn't even be sure of when to press the
: enter key.
: Thanks in advance
: Brendhan

Hi, Brendan. Welcome on board.

You may have a look at How To Think Like A Computer Scientist, Python
edition:

http://yhslug.tux.org/obp/thinkCS/thinkCSpy/

It's a introductory text to programming using Python. Be sure to browse
the FAQs, they will give you a background vocabulary on several matters.

HTH, DCA

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
     calvelo at lifl.fr