fingerd not working on win32?

Steve Holden sholden at
Tue Sep 12 15:26:21 CEST 2000

cherokee30114 at wrote:
> I have had no luck getting the fingerd demo for socketserver:
> working under win32 (NT 4.0 Sp6). It works just fine under linux.
> I even tried changing the port number it listens on...
> Any ideas? This is making me nuts.

Well, one idea would be to post the error messages you are seeing.
Python users are easily tired when they have to over-use their well-\
known psychic abilities! :-)

This way we get some idea of whether the problem is in socket creation,
network transmission, etc., etc.

> Sent via
> Before you buy.

More-helpful-when-we-know-what-the-problem-is-ly y'rs - Steve
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
[But not psychic powers :-]
703 967 0887      sholden at