Experimental ZEO package

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Sep 6 14:29:30 EDT 2000

I've made an experimental (*very* experimental) packaging of ZEO,
available from:
	http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/zodb/

To use it you need to have the ZODB code installed, and also the
ZServer package available from my FTP directory.  (The ZServer
dependency should go away in the next version, once Python itself has
up-to-date versions of asyncore and asychat.py.)

The package includes zeod, a modified version of start.py that uses a
configuration file /usr/local/etc/zeo.conf, and an /etc/rc.d/ script
for starting the zeod process on bootup.

Let me emphasize that this release is very, *very* rough, and I really
don't expect it to work smoothly.  If you're a newbie and not very
experienced in getting someone else's code working, I strongly
recommend waiting for a few releases.

--amk